For Gardner, intelligence is:
- the ability to create an effective product or offer a service that is valued in a culture;
- a set of skills that make it possible for a person to solve problems in life;
- the potential for finding or creating solutions for problems, which involves gathering new knowledge.
Gardner's newest book, Five Minds for the Future outlines the specific cognitive abilities
that will be sought and cultivated by leaders in the years ahead.
1. The Disciplinary Mind: the mastery of major schools of thought, including science, mathematics, and history, and of at least one professional craft.
2. The Synthesizing Mind: the ability to integrate ideas from different disciplines or spheres into a coherent whole and tocommunicate that integration to others.
3. The Creating Mind: the capacity to uncover and clarify new problems, questions and phenomena.
4. The Respectful Mind: awareness of and appreciation for differences among human beings and human groups.
5. The Ethical Mind: fulfillment of one's responsibilities as a worker and as a citizen.
History of Virtual Learning Environments- "Integrated Learning Systems" (ILS), "Computer Assisted Instruction" (CAI), "Computer Based Training" (CBT),"Computer Managed Instruction" (CMI), "Interactive Multimedia Instruction" (IMI), "Technology Enhanced Learning" (TEL), "Technology Based Learning" (TBL), and "Web Based Training" (WBT)
SCORM Technologies - Sharable Content Object Reference Model ("SCORM is a collection of specifications adapted from multiple sources to provide a comprehensive suite of e-learning capabilities that enable interoperability, accessibility and reusability of Web-based learning content" - www.adlnet.gov)
AeL Educational, AeL Enterprise - Computer-assisted learning system (e-Learning for schools and universities): Learning Management - AeL LMS (Learning Management System); eContent Management -AeL LCMS (Learning Content Management System); Interactive Multimedia Educational Content - AeL eContent, eContent demo. AeL Enterprise: AeL Enterprise is a modern learning and management instrument dedicated to supporting personnel training within the company frame: it is devised for the direct Computer Assisted Learning (CAL), as well as for the remote / non assisted training (Computer Based Training)
E-Learning - Instrumente pentru E-Learning. Ghid practic destinat profesorului modern; instrumente software de dezvoltare a materialelor didactice, structura şi funcţionarea unei platforme de e-Learning; instrumente informatice pentru pregătirea şi predarea lecţiilor într-o manieră modernă şi pentru învăţarea individuală cât mai eficientă, 2006 - Mihaela Brut (www.uaic.ro)